Obsession is a Ford monster truck driven by Rick Swanson out of Menifee, California since 1998. In addition to competition appearances, the truck is also famous for being featured in a multitude of TV commercials over its career with ads for companies like Maytag, Wendy's, and Bud Light. It was even shown in the House MD TV show as "Colossus". Rick Swanson has been the primary driver of Obsession, with Jeff Jones driving the truck in 2011 while Rick drove Obsessed and Jim Lehnertz driving Obsession from 2012 to 2014.
- 1998- Obsession debuts with a Line-X flagship sponsorship, running mostly with Monster Jerky.
- In 2002, for a very select number of shows, Team KCM runs Major Obsession, a truck from the team running the body of obsession.
- 2004- A second Obsession with Scott Hartsock and a third Obsession with Rod Wood debuts
- 2006- Obsession gets a flagship sponsorship with Fabtech
- 2011- Jeff Jones drives Obsession while Rick drives Obsessed.
- 2011- Obsession's side identity, Wrongway Rick debuts
- 2012- Jim Lehnertz begins to drive Obsession
- 2012- Backwards Bob is briefly driven on the Obsession Chassis, which lead to the creation of Obsession's alternate ego Wrongway Rick. Both Backwards Bob and Wrongway Rick have been run on the Obsession Chassis, with Wrongway Rick exclusively run this way.
- 2014- Rick Swanson goes back to driving Obsession
- 2016- The truck celebrates it's 20th anniversary. It is given a special "film reel" livery depicting various commercials the truck has been featured in throughout the years.
- 2017- The truck competed on the west coast Fox Sports 1 Series, alongside with a brand new look.
Obsession has had many alter-egos, most of which were very temporary, even one-offs, for uses such as commercials.
The truck also has an alter-ego still in use for competition; Wrongway Rick.