Monster Jam World Finals 5 was held on March 20, 2004 at Sam Boyd Stadium. This would be First Broadcast Live On SPEED Channel Since Monster Jam World Finals 2 and the only World Finals with more than two champions and the last one with 16 trucks. This would also be the only one with the rule that if a truck rolled over in the first 30 seconds it could be allowed to continue, but with a 5 point deduction.
The freestyle layout included a rock pile and bus stack on the left, a rail-car jump on the center, and a box van stack and 30 foot tall trailer on the right with a camper added towards the far end and the trailer/bed combo in the right lane.
Racing Round 1Maximum Destruction vs. Hot WheelsMonster Mutt vs. Bulldozer
Power Forward vs. Black Smith
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles vs. Blue ThunderBounty Hunter vs. Avenger
Little Tiger vs. Madusa (wins but crashes and cannot return)
King Krunch vs. El Toro Loco (crashes)
Grave Digger vs. Team Suzuki
Racing Round 2
Maximum Destruction vs. Monster Mutt
Black Smith vs. Blue Thunder
Bounty Hunter vs. Little Tiger
King Krunch vs. Grave Digger
Racing Semi Finals
Maximum Destruction vs. Black Smith
Bounty Hunter vs. Grave Digger
Black Smith vs. Grave Digger
El Toro Loco- 31 (Crashed)
Maximum Destruction- 31
Bounty Hunter- 30 (Ended on the trailer, was tossed off and rolled by Madusa)
Grave Digger- 30 (Crashed)
King Krunch- 27
Black Smith- 26
Hot Wheels- 25
Little Tiger- 23 (Crashed)
Bulldozer- 20 (Crashed)
Monster Mutt- 19 (Crashed)
Power Forward- 14 (Crashed)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- 11 (crashed)
Team Suzuki- 9 (Crashed)
Blue Thunder- 9 (Crashed)
Two Grave Diggers, two Maximum Destructions, and two Blue Thunders hit the track.
- This was the only World Finals that had "The 30 Second Rule", where a truck could resume if they had rolled the truck within 30 seconds of freestyle.
- This was also the only World Finals where both The Bull Brothers: Bulldozer and El Toro Loco competed.
- Brutus did a run down the track before the show began, despite not being invited as a competitor.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles actually had two crashes in freestyle, even though only one was shown on the DVD. It was implied that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crashed in the first 30 seconds, but did not continue, but actually did continue and crashed again (Remember: this World Finals had the rule where a truck could resume, if possible, if they rolled in the first 30 seconds of freestyle).
- On a related note, Blue Thunder also rolled over in the first 30 seconds, and did not continue.
- This event was also the debut of the new "spark-themed" Blacksmith design, It's driver, Pablo Huffaker, reportedly did not care for the new paint job.
- The third Blue Thunder (the one missing it's hood) in the encore was run on the 2nd Monster Mutt chassis, and the third Maximum Destruction (Rear engined) was run on the Ameriquest Freedom chassis.
- This would be the first year Jim Koehler changes the paint job for Avenger. He has done this every year since and is always one of the things the fans can't wait to see.
Pit Party (Non-Competing trucks)
2nd Blue Thunder
Kool Bus Monster Truck Ride
2nd Grave Digger
2nd & 3rd Maximum Destruction
2nd Monster Mutt