Monster Jam World Finals 3 was held on March 23, 2002 at Sam Boyd Stadium. Tom Meents in Team Meents would end up sweeping the event once again. This show was also the debut for the Hot Wheels monster truck. This was also the last World Finals to be broadcasted live on pay-per-view.
Same as the last two years racing wise, with a massive jump with a bus on top in the middle, a bus stack and rail car on the left, and a 30 foot tall trailer and bus stack on the right.
For freestyle, a camper on a bed added at the right lane entrance. Two cars would be added to the left
t lane entrance, and numerous additional cars and vans were added to the racing car pads and several motor-homes were added to the course as well.
LineupBlack Stallion- Michael Vaters
Racing Round 1
Team Meents vs. Blue Thunder (DNS)
Madusa vs. Gunslinger
Bulldozer vs. Power Forward (crashes)
Grave Digger 20th Anniversary vs. Black Stallion (Red Lighted)
Black Smith vs. Firemouth
Hot Wheels vs. Predator
Sudden Impact vs. Avenger (crashes)
Wolverine vs. Bounty Hunter
Racing Round 2
Team Meents vs. Gunslinger
Grave Digger 20th Anniversary vs. Bulldozer (crashes)
Black Smith vs. Hot Wheels (crashes)
Sudden Impact vs. Bounty Hunter
Racing Semi Finals
Team Meents vs. Grave Digger 20th Anniversary
Black Smith vs. Bounty Hunter
Championship RaceTeam Meents vs. Bounty Hunter
Team Meents- 37 (crashes)
Grave Digger 20th Anniversary- 36 (crashes)
Black Smith- 35
Blue Thunder- 35 (crashes)
Black Stallion- 32Wolverine- 30
Sudden Impact- 24
Firemouth- 24Bounty Hunter- 22 (crashes)
Madusa- 19 (crashes)
Hot Wheels- 17 (crashes)
Power Forward- 12 (crashes)
Bulldozer- 8 (crashes)
Avenger- 8 (crashes)
Wolverine, Bulldozer, Blacksmith, 2nd Grave Digger, and 2nd Team Meents (Rear engined) come out for a second freestyle.
- Bulldozer's Freestyle was not seen on the DVD or VHS releases, and was only seen on the Pay-Per View footage of the event. He did a wheelie, which cause him to hit a van and roll over.
- This was the only World Finals appearance of Team Meents and Firemouth.
- Avenger, Blue Thunder, Firemouth, and Power Forward all crashed in qualifying.
- This event was the last during the TNN era as in 2003, Monster Jam went to SPEED Channel.
- This event featured drivers being in the broadcast booth during racing and freestyle such as Tom Meents, Madusa, Lyle Hancock, and others.
- This was the first time in qualifying that the trucks ran the track without their bodies, which lasted until 2012.
Non Competing Trucks
2nd Blue Thunder
Multiple Grave Diggers
Unknown FELD truck (chassis used for Rear Engined Team Meents)